Victor Davis Hanson // National Review
The Democrats might have had a more persuasive case for impeachment if only…
1) Donald Trump had cut off all military assistance to Ukraine.
2) Donald Trump got a Ukrainian prosecutor fired by leveraging U.S. aid.
3) Barack Obama earlier had not vetoed lethal military aid to Ukraine in fear of Russian reactions.
4) Ukraine was not a notoriously corrupt country.
5) There was a special prosecutor’s report finding Trump legally culpable.
6) There was direct or written evidence that Trump had committed a high crime.
7) Joe Biden as Vice President had not spearheaded the Obama administration’s Ukraine policy.