Meet at the trail head at 8AM!
Hike to the Twin Lakes in the Kaiser Wilderness
The hike is a very informal affair. Everyone takes care of their own food, lodging, and transportation to the trailhead.
Directions to the Badger Flat trailhead. The parking lot does NOT have a sign on it.
1. Follow Hwy 168 to Huntington Lake
2. You will cross a last bridge (there are 3 bridges after Tamarack Ridge)
3. A sign on the right will give mileage to Florence and Edison Lakes (about 20+ miles in both cases).
4. Take a right on to Kaiser Pass Road*
5. Go 4.6 miles and there will be a parking lot on the right.
6. Park in parking lot.
7. Meet at trailhead across the road. (Please be careful crossing road.)
Accommodation is the responsibility of the individual. Here are some numbers for information:
1. Eastwood Visitor’s Center 559.893.6611 (camping in Sierra National Forest)
2. California Land Management 559.893.2113 (camping in the campgrounds around Huntington Lake)
3. Lakeshore Resort 559.893.3193 or http://www.lakeshoreresort.com/ (some rustic cabins) on Huntington Lake
4. Shaver Lake is about 35 minutes before Huntington on Hwy 168. There are probably other Bed and Breakfast but I have had good reviews of the Elliott House and don’t personally know other places. Any accommodation found in Shaver would require a 35 minute drive in the morning or so.
5. Those are the suggestions that I have though it certainly doesn’t exhaust what is probably available at Huntington and Shaver. Expect very rustic conditions for anything around Huntington Lake itself.
Transportation is the responsibility of the individual as well.
* At Hwy 168 and Kaiser Pass Rd you will find both the Eastwood Visitor’s Center and the California Land Management trailer offices. Just turn up Kaiser Pass Road for 100 ft or so. These offices should be able to help you with any questions in a pinch.